CHORAL AND ARTISTIC DIRECTOR
The St. Lambert Choral Society seeks a new artistic director starting from the 2022-2023 season.
The first centennial choir in Québec, the SLCS is a classical mixed bilingual choir, established in St. Lambert since 1919.
DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB:
In collaboration with the board of directors, the successful candidate will:
- Develop the musical program for the season;
- Carry out the planning for the choristers’ work and the direction of choral rehearsals and concerts;
- Recommend to the board of directors the hire of soloists and professional musicians for the concerts;
- Select the choristers on the basis of auditions;
- Contribute to the musical and artistic development of the SLCS, as well as its influence.
- Hold a graduate diploma in music and/or conducting;
- Strong competence in the domain of voice and in choral conducting;
- Ability to exercise good leadership and to work in a team;
- Excellent teaching skills, able to explain in an accessible way the musical concepts needed to develop the skills of the choristers;
- Ability to work with repertoire in multiple languages;
- Hold a very strong level of knowledge of the Québec artistic and musical scene;
- Capable of flexibility, proactivity and inventiveness;
- Excellent mastery of French and English.
- Salary: To be discussed
- Location: St. Lambert, Montérégie
- Choir rehearsals: Tuesdays from 7pm to 10pm, plus an intensive rehearsal one Saturday per quarter.
- Start of job: June 2022
Interested candidates should send their curriculum vitae, accompanied by a motivation letter and audio/video extracts,
by April 11, 2022, at the latest, to the following address: [email protected]
- Interviews : Sunday May 1, 2022
- Auditions with the choir: Tuesday evening, May 17, 2022
Dates for the job posting: from March 12 to April 11, 2022
For further information about our choir, consult our website www.choralesaintlambert.com
Louise Rousseau, président SLCS
cell : 514-953-0293